Blueberry Pineapple Oat MuffinsPosted: September 16, 2012
I’ve been on a parasite candida cleanse for too many weeks to count now. Sugar is a no-no and so sugar free muffins have been my saving grace to satisfy my sweet tooth. These were pretty delicious!
3 tbsp ground chia
9 tbsp water
7/8 cup oil + 1/2 tsp sea salt (strange, I know but it is our “butter”)
3 cups pineapple pureed
2 cups oat flour*
1 cup rolled oats*
1 & 1/2 cups psyllium husks
1 & 1/2 cups flax
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups blueberries
optional: stevia (I use 3 full dips of the liquid)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the chia and 9 tbsp water. Let sit for about 15 minutes.
3. Combine the olive oil and salt mixture (our “butter”) with the chia mixture, pineapple puree and stevia (if using).
4. Combine the oat flour, rolled oats, psyllium, flax, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt in a separate bowl.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture to wet mixture beating until well blended. Fold in blueberries.
6. Spread batter into a greased muffin/cake/loaf pan.
7. Bake 30-45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
*Make sure to use certified gluten-free oat/flour if you have a gluten sensitivity