Celery Cashew SoupPosted: August 2, 2015
I’m lazy and I love soups. I’m always looking for soups that are full meals with proteins and all. This ones makes the cut and taste mmm mmm good!
Super simple to make and freezes well!
2 tbsp butter
4 tbsp olive oil
12 cups chopped celery
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup raw cashews
1 cup vegetable stock
2 cups milk (almond, rice, etc.)
1 tsp salt
black pepper to taste
1. Heat butter and oil in a large pot over medium heat
2. Add celery and garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant.
3. Add the cashews, stock, rice, milk, and sea salt.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until celery is softened.
5. Puree with an immersion blender.
6. Add pepper to taste and more salt if you want.
Courtesy of the Fresh Cook Book.