Irfan was sick once upon a time and so I thought about all of the good-foods-when-your-sick that was in our kitchen and combined it with oatmeal. The result? Delicious! So delicious that we eat the brekkie just cuz! Getting sick just got a bit more pleasant folks 😉
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp honey (or to taste)
1. Place milk and oatmeal in a pot on the stove and bring to a boil
2. Lower heat, add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5-10 minutes
3. Top with pumpkin seeds and whatever else you fancy ( I added flax and more grated ginger)
This is a great super quick week day meal. Add with a side of greens and roasted veggies and it turns out to be an incredibly satisfying meal!
1 (14-ounce) block extra firm tofu
1 tablespoon white miso
6 tablespoons warm water
3 tablespoons finely grated ginger
Vegetable oil for frying
Scallions and sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
1. Drain and rinse tofu. Cut into pieces.
2. In a small bowl, mix together miso, water, and ginger.
3. Heat a little vegetable oil in a skillet. Fry tofu until golden on both sides. Reduce heat to low.
4. Pour miso mixture over and between tofu slices and cook until sizzling.
5. Just before serving, garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.